Joan
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Admin. I do something.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

The words of James Hickman

"To begin let me begin by thanking the New York times for the offer to write about a subject very close to my heart, and the heart of many New Yorkers, Education. For years we have seen the grades drop, the number of graduates from both highschool and college drop, and the number of people attending college drop. This is a trend which we can't allow to continue something that we at the DNC and the people of New York City know all to well. And most importantly we here at the DNC have done things to fix it instead of Republicans who have sat around on their hands and not done a thing on this issue.

What we at the DNC have done is first, passed resolution 1106, which will encourage schools to strive to be all they can be, not only that but guarantees them money, as even the poorest of schools has at least 1 straight A student. Also under this resolution schools will no longer be judged solely on state testing, but on their student's grades as a whole. Second, both Mr.Renzi and Mr.Hickman have come out stating they will fully support increasing education spending after Bloomberg slashed it to bits.

And finally we are creating legislation to provide even more aid to the poorer school districts so they can afford the best teachers, ciriculum, and education aides (computers, newer projectors, etc.) so that our childrens schools advance with the times. And what is the Republican party doing? Not a thing, aside from slashing education funding, and giving teachers and schools less to money to work with, resulting in the same problems we are currently having.

And so to conclude friends, I want to reemphasis the only way we can improve our schools, is by electing George Renzi as Mayor and James Hickman as Comptroller, because if we elect Republicans Roger Sullivan and David Bauman they would continue the failing trend we are currently seeing to the point of no return."

EDIT: Done by Alan Wickerman

--------------------
The one, the only... JOAN
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll