Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Republican
Member No.: 23

The Press Office of Councilman Richard Williams, Republican of Staten Island

--------------------
Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island-50th District)

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams At District Office on South Avenue

Councilman Richard Williams, R-Staten Island, today took time to visit his district office on South Avenue in Staten Island to talk with staff and office volunteers.  At the same time, Councilman Williams met with citizens who came by to speak with him about issues important to them.

Councilman Williams said that "I will continue to be here in the office as often as I can so I can meet with the citizens I represent.  Today I've had a chance to talk with citizens about issues ranging from jobs to economic growth to crime prevention to education.  When I am able to hear from my constituents, I can better serve each and every citizen in our district and across New York."

In the coming weeks and months, Councilman Williams said he will try to be in the district office at least once a week and will also be holding more town hall meetings across his district.  He will release a full schedule in the coming days.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams to Participate in "Dine Out Against Hunger" Event

Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island) will participate in the Annual Dine Out Against Hunger Fundraiser that will help raise funds for Staten Island food banks and pantries.  This will be the third year that Councilman Williams and his wife, Laura, have taken part in this fundraiser.

More than 20,000 Staten Islanders are expected to take part in Dine Out Against Hunger by enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner at a participating borough restaurant.  Councilman Williams will be at as many locations as possible during the event, including Applebee's on Richmond Avenue and Cafe Luna on Page Avenue. 

People of the community can support this effort by going out to eat at a participating restaurant on tomorrow. Customers will pledge 25 percent of their food bill to Project Hospitality, an organization in Staten Island that supports the homeless, food banks, pantries, and assistance in providing meals to people living with HIV/AIDS.  Councilman Williams said that "Over 120 restaurants are participating in this event this year and I encourage our citizens to take part in this effort."

A complete list of restaurants participating in the event can be found by contacting Project Hospitality or the office of Councilman Williams.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams Rallies for Bauman in Queens, Staten Island

Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island) has continued his strong support for mayoral candidate David Bauman by speaking at recent rallies for the Republican candidate in both Staten Island and Queens. 

Councilman Williams said that "David Bauman has a positive agenda for New York's future and I am very proud to stand with him in the campaign for mayor this year.  He is a proven leader and he is someone I trust and I ask the families of New York to place their trust in him as well."

Councilman Williams said at the rally in Staten Island that "As we work together to promote a quality education for all, we can make sure that we continue to fight for the principles of hard work, respect for others, respect for property, and for helping those in our communities all over New York who need us the most.  That's why it's vitally important that we work to reduce crime in each and every community in this city.  We can no longer allow bullies and thugs and pushers to run the streets while innocent people are hurt and even killed.  We must support our men and women in law enforcement who work so hard to protect us.  David Bauman will be and should be our next mayor!"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams: "Republicans Will Lead The Way"

Councilman Richard Williams, Republican of Staten Island's 50th district, today issued a press statement where he said that "Republicans will lead the way in charting a new course for the city's future and I believe wholeheartedly we are poised to elect leaders who will represent us with strength and character."

A lifelong Republican, Councilman Williams said that "We Republicans are committed to being fiscally responsible with your tax dollars.  We believe that we have to protect our communities from thugs and bullies and drug pushers who want to destroy our families and children.  We believe in making sure our children leave high school prepared for college, vocational schools, or the workforce.  We support our small businesses.  We believe in standing with the men and women of law enforcement.  These are the principles we fight for and we will do even more when Republicans win the day on Election Day!"

Councilman Williams has been campaigning throughout New York City for various Republican candidates, including David Bauman, candidate for mayor, and Roger Johnson, candidate for Comptroller.  He said that "We have proven leaders who offer a positive vision for New York's future.  We must choose wisely and choose the men and women who will best lead us into a new generation of trusted leadership.  I believe we Republicans can best lead at this critical time."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 22 2016, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams: "Bauman Won Mayoral Debate"

City Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island) today issued a statement where he said "David Bauman put in a strong, solid performance in the recent mayoral debate and it should show citizens of New York that he is ready, willing and able to serve as our next mayor."

In his statement, Councilman Williams said that "David Bauman was clear and he was concise.  He spoke directly to the voters of New York City and he told each of us about a positive vision for New York and where he stands.  He doesn't flip-flop on the issues.  He does not waver in talking about what he believes.  He is showing us all the true mold of a leader and what a leader does and says and I am very proud to be supporting him."

Councilman Williams has been campaigning in Staten Island recently with Mr. Bauman by knocking on doors in various Staten Island neighborhoods.  He said that reception has been overwhelmingly positive for Bauman and that "I believe people understand where David stands and they are willing to give him a chance.  he listens to them and we have had a chance to talk with many families in Staten Island who are concerned about New York's future.  I think these families will support David Bauman on Election Day.
"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 23 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams Congratulates Sullivan

Staten Island Councilman Richard Williams (R-50) today offered congratulations to the newly-elected city comptroller, Roger Sullivan, and said that "I was very proud to offer my strong support for Roger during the campaign and I am delighted he has won this important election and I look forward to working with him in the future."

Councilman Williams said that "Roger Sullivan won in Staten Island and I had a great time campaigning for him during this campaign season.  As we talked to families in my district, we were able to discuss important issues that our citizens take seriously.  Now that Roger has been elected to  this office, I know he will keep his promises and he will help to promote a positive agenda for all the families of Staten Island and New York City."

In the coming days and weeks, Councilman Williams said he would like to hold a town hall-style meeting with the newly-elected comptroller so families and citizens in his district can talk with him directly and discuss issues with Mr. Sullivan.  Details on this meeting will be announced as they become available.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams to Participate in First Annual Day Of Public Instruction at Kurt Hahn School

Staten Island City Councilman Richard Williams (R-50) will participate in the  first annual Day Of Public Instruction at the Kurt Hahn School, located in the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn.

According to a statement by the school, "City Council members will be able to attend classes, grade papers students have been working on for their midterms and have a question and answer session with Principal Veronica Coleman. It will be a day of learning not only for the students but for the attendees as well."

Councilman Williams said that "I am delighted to accept this invitation and I hope a great many of the members of the leadership all across New York City will attend as well.  I have been trying to learn more about the school and its focus on academics, student leadership and digital media.  Hopefully there will be ways that we can improve all our school for each and every child who attends public school in New York City."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll