Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Public Activities Of Richard Williams, Republican of Staten Island
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Republican
Member No.: 23

Public events of Richard Williams will go here.

--------------------
Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island-50th District)

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Williams Visits Staten Island University Hospital, Meets with Volunteers

Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island) was at the Staten Island University Hospital today where he met with volunteers who daily assist patients and staff at the hospital.  During his visit, he met with administrators, volunteer coordinators, patients, and families.

Councilman Williams said that "This great hospital provides quality care to the people of Staten Island, the New York region, and to patients from all over.  I am very proud of all the volunteers who work very hard to promote a quality of life for all our citizens and who contribute countless hours each and every day to the patients who come here.  The physicians, nurses, support staff, and employees of Staten Island University Hospital are making us all proud and I am delighted to be here today."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Williams Attends Meeting of Staten Island GOP

Councilman Richard Williams (R-Staten Island) attended the monthly meeting of the Staten Island Republican Party this evening and met with members and citizens at the South Avenue Grille.

In his brief remarks to the members and citizens, Councilman Williams said that "Now more than ever, we must be committed to strengthening the families and children of Staten Island and New York.  In doing so, it's vitally important that we create good jobs, promote a quality education for our children, and stop criminals who prey on our families.  I am very blessed to represent all the citizens of Staten Island and the 50th district and my commitment is to you."

Councilman Williams said that "Our future depends on doing what is right for our families.  We can and will help to foster strong economic growth in our community.  We can and will strengthen our families by promoting timeless values that still mean so much to each of us.  We will make sure we prompt responsible growth that builds up our communities and that lifts them up as we move forward.  This is our time and we must lose sight of the future because it affects each and every single one of us."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Williams Tours Carteret School in Staten Island

Councilman Richard Williams, who represents the 50th district in Staten Island, visited the Carteret School today and met with parents, teachers, staff, volunteers, and students about their school and about education issues.  During his two hours at the school, Councilman Williams talked with participants and toured the school.

During his visit, Councilman Williams said that "It's so important that we make sure our children leave high school ready for college, the workforce or vocational schools.  One of the reasons I've come to the Carteret School today is to see how we're moving in the right direction on many fronts.  Although these students are not in high school yet, they are planning their future now and that will make all the difference in the world."

Councilman Williams was joined by his wife, Laura, in the tour of the school.  The couple have two small children who will be going to school in the next few years.

In brief remarks, Councilman Williams said that "We must have the resources to provide a quality education for our children.  And while we do this, we have to commit and recommit to making sure our schools are safe and that our neighborhoods are free from those criminals who would harm our children.  I am personally committed to always fighting for our children an I know you are too."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 22 2016, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams Tours 122nd Precinct of the NYPD

Staten Island Councilman Richard Williams was at the 122nd precinct of the New York Police Department in New Dorp in Staten Island today where he toured the department, talked with police officers, staff, detectives, and members of the Police Community Council, and met with citizens.

Councilman Williams said that "It's very important that we show our strong support for the men and women of law enforcement and I am very glad I had this opportunity to meet with the people who work so hard to keep our communities safe."

In speaking to the Community Council members, Councilman Williams said that "We must ensure that criminals are kept off the streets.  It's high time we showed these thugs and thieves and robbers and murderers that they will not prey on our citizens and our families.  When they harm our children and families, they will be severely punished."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 23 2016, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams Speaks to Conservative Party of New York

Staten Island Councilman Richard Williams (R-50) traveled to Bay Ridge today to speak to a gathering of members and supporters of the Conservative Party of New York and, in his remarks, he said that "It's time we in New York work to promote and reshape the political agenda of this state and this nation.  If we do these things, we will win.  We will move forward with an agenda that is right and responsible.  We will support fiscal responsibility, work to end political corruption at all levels, and help to restore dignity and civility to New York and national politics.  As committed conservatives, we know we can and must achieve these goals for our children and for our families.  I'm proud to be fighting with each of you."

Councilman Williams told the members that "We have time-honored traditions and beliefs that are in danger of being destroyed and I want to help be a part of a movement that looks to the future with hope and with the foundations of our founding fathers on our side.  We must once again cherish the values that helped to build this great America.  And we have to once again know and understand that we have to be accountable to you.  We have to be responsible with your tax dollars.  We have to stop wasteful spending.  We can no longer spend beyond our means.  We have to take the burden off our children and stop placing mountains of debt on the backs of children and families for the next generation.  It's time to lead, my friends, and New York conservatives can lead the way to a great future!"

In speaking on a wide range of issues, Councilman Williams said that "We hear the liberals talk about how we have to ban guns and coddle criminals.  I'm sorry but what we need is to stop punishing law-abiding gun owners and we need to put thugs, pushers, and creeps in jail and in prison and take them off the streets!  Criminals commit crimes and we must remember that as we honor the men and women who wear the uniform of law enforcement.  They are fighting for us each and every day and we must ensure they have the necessary resources to protect and serve our families and our communities."

Councilman Williams told the crowd that "We all believe in strong schools where our children can graduate from high school ready for college, vocational school, or the workforce and we must make sure that we do not continue to honor schools that under-perform.  If they are failing, they are failing for a reason.  It's no fault of the children, though, and we will always work hard to make sure they do the best they can.  But we can and will find out why schools do not perform well and we will do something about it.  At the same time, our schools must have the resources needed to maintain a strong level of education for each and every child in New York.  Our schools will be safe, secure, and each child will come to class each day ready to learn."

In his remarks, Councilman Williams challenged New York conservatives to "Rise above the liberal policies that will only make things worse for our families.  Look to the future.  Look to those policies and ideas that will move us in a direction that will help to create jobs, that will help to restore integrity at city hall and in offices all over New York, that will support small businesses and help them grow and thrive, that will offer quality education to our young people, that will help keep our streets safe, and that will once again stand for the principles that helped to form this great United States of America."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Richard Williams
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Councilman Williams Speaks to Young Republicans of NYC

City Councilman Richard Williams (R-50) spoke to a group of members and volunteers of the New York Young Republican Club today and, in his remarks, he said that "It's an honor to be here today to speak with you - the oldest young Republican club in America!  You are standing up for Republican Party principles and you are doing your part to help elect Republican candidates all over this city and state.  For all of these efforts, thank you!"

Councilman Williams said that "As we move forward together to support sound policies that are right and responsible for New York's families, let us remember that we have to be fiscally accountable to you.  We cannot and must not continue to spend like there is no tomorrow.  We cannot and must not heap mountains of debt on the backs of our children and young people."

In his speech, Councilman Williams said that "While the liberals who are in charge on the City Council seek to support their agenda of radical policies, we must stand together in support of policies that will help create jobs, support small businesses, and that will ensure we keep our communities all over New York City safe.  For too long we have thrown money at every problem we have and we've hoped for the best.  The time for that type of leadership is over on the liberal Democrat-controlled City Council."

Councilman Williams, who represents Staten Island, said "Look how close the last mayoral election was, my friends.  We almost won.  And we did win in the Comptroller race and I congratulate both Mr. Bauman and Mr. Sullivan for their hard work in running for office.  Now we must do even more.  We must work to elect more Republicans at every level.  If we do this, I guarantee we will see a positive victory for all New Yorkers.  Let us begin today to see a new renewal for all New Yorkers!"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll