^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 17 2016, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

TV Ad - Citywide $142,000

Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising" plays as the camera focuses in on a group of working-class men and women gathered in a city park.

Young African-American Male: You know guys, I think it's about time our city did something about our wages. I think we need to get out and vote for that Renzi guy.

Middle Aged Asian-American Female: Why? He's already a councillor and has never done anything to raise wages until now.

Young White Female: Well it's not like City Council sets the minimum wage anyway - that's what they do up in Albany.

Young Hispanic Female: Yeah and let's face it - we've had Democrats on Council, and in Albany for how long now - they talk about raising our wages, but they aren't doing anything.

Middle Aged Indian-American Male: So we should vote for Bauman then?

Young African-American Female: Hey, if he keeps up the growth we had under Rudy and Bloomberg then we're all going to still have jobs.

Middle Aged White Male: I remember what it was like last time we had a Democrat Mayor, no jobs and lots of crime - I don't want to go back to the 80s.

Middle Aged Hispanic Male: So the Democrats are all talk and Republican Mayors have made a positive difference?

Group: Nods and general statements of agreement.

Young African-American Male (first speaker): Wow I'm glad you guys set me straight - I nearly wasted my vote on Renzi.

Middle Aged White Male: Well you can still vote for him if you want, but if you want a better future for yourself and your family you should vote for Bauman, I know I am.

Scene fades and cuts to David Bauman walking where the group had been

I'm David Bauman and I approve this message.

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 18 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Grainy footage of scenes of New York in the 1970s and 1980s shown as dark sounding music reminiscent of the Imperial March from Star Wars plays

Voiceover, older female voice with a Brooklyn accent:

I've been a democrat my whole life, and I still am - but I remember what our city was like in the 1980s and that's why there's one office where I always vote Republican.

Voiceover, younger male with an Hispanic accent:

I want higher wages, but I'm smart enough to know that the Mayor of New York doesn't have the authority to change minimum wage. I don't like being treated like a fool, so I'm not going to vote for a guy who makes a promise he knows he can't keep.

Voiceover, middle aged man with a Greek accent:

I own a pizzeria and if George Renzi could do what he promises and double the minimum wage he'd put me out of business and my family on the street.

Music fades into The Rising by Bruce Springsteen as the scene gains color and shifts to David Bauman walking with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background.

I'm running for Mayor because I want to see our city move forward, not backward. I believe in New York and I want us to continue to be the greatest city in the world. I am running to create a safe city where my grandkids can grow up playing in the parks the way I did. I am running to ensure that the kind of opportunity that allowed my family to go from poor immigrants to successful professionals and entrepreneurs continues to exist. And I'm running because this city deserves an honest man willing to work hard in the Mayor's Chair. I hope I can earn your vote.

I'm David Bauman, I'm running to be your Mayor and I approve this message.

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 20 2016, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

David Bauman appears dressed casually walking through Central Park speaking over Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising"

Hello New York,

My name is David Bauman and I am running to be your next mayor. It's been a privilege and an honor to campaign in each of our 5 boroughs and meet people from all walks of life. I've never been prouder to be a New Yorker than I am now. Where else in the world can a boy who was born the son of poor immigrants get this far? But my friends, as much as I love New York and as proud as I am - it takes hard work to keep a city a great place to live: which is why I am speaking to you today, to present my 5 point plan for New York.

1: I will support those who work hardest to make our city run. The NYPD, the NYFD and our public servants across the city will have the full support of the Mayor's office, will receive fair pay and see their benefits and retirement protected.

2: I will strike a Mayor's Committee on public housing, bringing together experts, residents and stakeholders from all 3 levels of government to develop a comprehensive plan to fix our public housing crisis and chart a way forward that sees a city all New Yorkers can afford to call home.

3: I will fight for a renewed investment in our schools. It's unacceptable to me that in a city as great as ours that we have failing schools. They need the resources to have modern technology, current textbooks and the best teachers in America. I will embark on a drive to raise over One Billion Dollars per year for the improvement of our schools.

4: I will continue the successful programs of Mayors Giuliani and Bloomberg to reduce crime. We will continue to be aggressive and proactive in fighting crime, while remaining respectful and supportive of New York's communities. As Mayor I will ensure that New York is continually safer.

5: I will secure a prosperous future for our city. We are the center of the world's economy and at the same time we're like every town in the world where entrepreneurs and families make their mark on the neighborhood. I will lead a city that is good for business large, small and everywhere in between - creating more jobs and better jobs for New Yorkers.

My name is David Bauman, I'm running for Mayor and I approve this message.

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 20 2016, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

RADIO Ad - Citywide $81,000

Two men talking with city noise in the background, campaign theme (The Rising) starts softly and crescendos during the ad

1: Have you decided who you are voting for?

2: Easiest decision I've ever made - I'm voting for Bauman.

1: Good man.

2: His plan addresses actual city issues, it's not too far left or right, and I trust him to deliver on his promises.

1: He's been endorsed by both the Conservative and Liberal Parties!

2: He's a sound man, what New York needs.

1: You can say that again.

DB: I'm David Bauman, your candidate for Mayor and I approve this message.

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 20 2016, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

NEWSPAPER Ad - Citywide $5000

user posted image
Overlaid

Vote David Bauman for Mayor of New York!

David has been endorsed by both the Liberal and Conservative parties, his campaign has appealed to both sides of the political spectrum with his moderation and reason.

As a life-long New Yorker, the son of immigrants fleeing fascism and a self-made success David has the ability to relate to people in every walk of life.

He supports continuing in the tradition of good government set out by previous Mayors Giuliani and Bloomberg.

His 5-point plan was released today:

1: Supporting NYPD, NYFD and other public servants.
2: Striking a committee to resolve public housing concerns.
3: Renewing investment in New York Public Schools.
4: Continuing the successful crime-reduction policies in place.
5: Securing prosperity for workers and entrepreneurs alike.

Vote Bauman

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

RADIO Ad - Citywide $81,000

Three men talking with city noise in the background, campaign theme (The Rising) starts softly and crescendos during the ad

1:So this Bauman fellow, he's just another stooge of big business and Wall Street right?

2: Hey, I may only be a janitor - but I work on Wall Street, those big companies put food on my table too.

3: Yeah, and my business is on Hillside Ave out in Queens and Bauman's got my vote.

1: But everyone says he's all about making the rich richer and not doing anything for the common man.

2: What's common in New York? We're the city of skyscrapers - keeping the big guys in town saves jobs for a lot of ordinary men and women like me.

3: And let's not forget - what he said is right, cutting red tape does a lot more good for me than it does for anyone on Wall Street.

2: New York is the business capital of America, perhaps of the world.

3: Big and small.

2: That's right.

1: So good for business is good for New York.

2: It's what puts food on my table.

3: Put my kids through college.

1: Hmm, I guess you're right.

All: Vote for David Bauman, a Mayor for all of New York.

DB: I'm David Bauman, your candidate for Mayor and I approve this message.

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

TV Ad - Citywide $142,000 (Party Funds)

Mock Newspaper with headline: BOOMING BAUMAN THROTTLES GORGEOUS GEORGE

Voiceover: Republican Mayoral Candidate David Bauman won the Mayoral debate in a resounding victory.

QUOTE (clip)
New York deserves to know - which George Renzi are we going to get if they vote for you?

QUOTE (clip)
It's nice to play make-believe like George has been doing, but New York needs a Mayor that lives in the real world. Second, if our city were to have a minimum wage double that of the rest of the state - it would be the best thing that ever happened to Westchester and Nassau counties. If George and his cronies have their way you'll have to drive to Jersey City just to get a sandwich!

QUOTE (clip)
Doubling the cost of labor would be disastrous to small business. That's not even economics - it's simple mathematics. You know perfectly well that you don't have the power to double the minimum wage, and you know perfectly well that our economy can't possibly bear the shock. You're making a cynical promise to pander to a radical crowd in order to win some votes - but I have more faith in New Yorkers, they are smarter than that and they see through your false promise.

QUOTE (clip)
George, you can't just write a check and hope the problem goes away.

voice over: The debate was decisive, the choice is clear - David Bauman is the only way forward for New York City. Vote Bauman

this ad was paid for by the Republican Party of New York

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
DavidB
 Posted: Apr 21 2016, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

RADIO Ad - Citywide $81,000 (Party Funds)

Democrats claim that studies show that raising the minimum wage would be good for the economy. But what they don't tell you is that even the most progressive of those studies suggest a slow, gradual increase. However that is not what the Democrats are proposing. They are proposing a radical doubling of the minimum wage, doubling the cost of labor for thousands of small businesses and, at the extreme it could be like David Bauman said in the debate - if George and his cronies get their way, you'll have to drive to Jersey for a sandwich.

Don't let George Renzi and the Democrats ruin New York with their radical ideas - vote for David Bauman.

This ad was paid for by the Republican Party of New York

--------------------
David Bauman
PM
^
Montbatten
 Posted: Apr 22 2016, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Republican
Member No.: 19

Republican Party TV Ad - $142,000 (Party Funds)

George Renzi has promised to double wages, forgive student loans, and end homlessness. Not only are these utopian promises beyond the reach of New York's City Council - but even if they were possible he's given absolutely zero accounting of how he'll pay for any of it.

New York City needs a Mayor who knows what the job can do and does it well - not a flight of fancy with no sense of how to accomplish anything.

Renzi has been called a man of action - but under scrutiny he comes off as a peddler of fantasy. I'd buy his book - but he's just not Mayor material. In this election there is only one realistic choice for Mayor and that is David Bauman.

--------------------
Martin G. Wealdstone
Republican | Fourth District
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll